MCC releases NEET Counselling 2018 schedule at mcc.nic.in: Check details here
June 14, 2018
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has released the tentative National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) online counselling 2018 schedule on the official website, the link for which is mcc.nic.in
The NEET Counselling 2018 is being held for 15 per cent AIQ/deemed/central universities/ESIC and AFMC (MBBS/BDS) seats.
Meanwhile, the first round of counselling started on June 13 at 5 pm.
Criteria to appear for NEET Counselling 2018:
Those candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2018 and obtained a minimum of 50 per cent (40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC and 45th percentage for general-physically handicapped) can appear for the counselling.
- Registration/payment and choice filling: June 13 to 18 (5 pm)
- Last date for payment: June 19 (12 pm)
- Choice filling/locking: June 19 (10 am to 5 pm)
- Processing of seat allotment: June 20 to 21
- Result: June 22
- Reporting: June 23 to July 3
- Registration/payment and choice filling: July 6 to 8 (5 pm)
- Last date for payment: July 9 (12 pm)
- Choice filling/locking: July 9 (10 am to 5 pm)
- Processing of seat allotment: July 10 to July 11
- Result: July 12
- Reporting: July 13 to July 22
- Registration/payment and choice filling: August 12 to 14 (5 pm)
- Last date for payment: August 15 (12 pm)
- Choice filling/locking: August 15 (10 am to 5 pm)
- Processing of seat allotment: August 16
- Result: August 17
- Reporting: August 18 to 26
This year, nearly 13 lakh candidates appeared for NEET 2018 which was held on May 6, 2018. Further, the examination was conducted in 11 languages including English, Hindi, Urdu and 8 regional languages.
Further, the results of NEET 2018 were announced on June 4 by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on its official website, the link for which is cbseneet.nic.in
With 99.99 percentile, Kalpana Kumari topped NEET 2018 and has scored 691 marks out of 720 in CBSE NEET Results 2018. She has scored 171 out of 180 in physics, 160 out of 180 in Chemistry, 360 out of 360 in Biology (Biology and Zoology).
CBSE conducts NEET UG exam to provide admissions into MBBS and BDS courses. It is a national-level exam and apart from AIIMS and JIPMER, all other medical and dental institutes accept NEET score for admissions to undergraduate medical and dental courses.