The field of Electrical engineering involves transmission and generation of electrical power.
Electrical engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study of diverse utilisation of electricity and equipments that generate and distribute power. It also covers electronics and electromagnetism. The field of Electrical Engineering involves transmission and generation of electrical power. Students of electrical engineering are offered both theoretical and practical knowledge in a wide variety of subjects, including wireless systems, quantum electronics, modern optics, solid state materials and devices, power electronics.
Among the largest employers of electrical engineers are computer, telecommunications and consumer electronics companies. Apart from making a professional career, one can also do research work in this field by joining research labs and institutes. Electrical engineers are in high demand in electricity boards, atomic power plants, hydroelectric power plants, thermal power plants robotics. Both public and private sector enterprises also hire fresh graduates.
Where to study?
- Sathyabama University, Chennai
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Jaya Prakash College of Engineering, Dharampur
- Ansal Institute of Technology, Haryana
- Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee, New Delhi)
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- M.S. Engineering College, Bangalore
- BITS, Pilani
- IT-BHU, Varanasi
- MNIIT, Allahabad
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Thapar University, Patiala
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- VIT University, Vellore