Acting can turn you into a millionaire
"Where ever I am, I always find myself looking out of the window wishing I was somewhere else", quoted Angelina Jolie. Do you too wish to be somewhere else at the moment, living a life which is yours and yet not yours alone? Or are you passionate about behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances? Or do you want a larger than life experience? Well, if the answer to all the above questions or either of them is YES, then a career in acting is calling you.
Acting as a career:
Doesn't Shahrukh Khan dancing with the most beautiful women on-screen make you jealous? If it does, you too can opt to be the next superstar. But, you must keep in mind; acting is not just about name and fame. It's something way beyond that. You need to be passionate towards your work because making a mark in the industry is not a child's play. Many a times, you might even face rejection to get that first break. Also, unlike other professions which have a fixed time schedule, acting is not a 9-5 job. You might need to wake up early morning or work late nights continuously. At 6 am on a chilly December morning, dancing in snow with just a single jacket on your body, life does not appear all that bright. Yet after it is shot and screened, when you hear a huge crowd screaming your name, or want to be clicked along or to just get a glance of your smile, believe me, it's worth it. With persistence and hard work, and skills, you are sure to shine, sooner or later.
Acting and money:
Once you hit the bull's eye, the road is all rosy. Acting brings along a huge amount of wealth too. It is indeed one of the highest paid careers. You want to earn those bucks?
Here's a list of top Bollywood and Hollywood actors of 2013:
Highest paid actors of B-town:
- Salman Khan: Known to charge an amount of Rs 60 crores for his films, Salman Khan is the highest paid actor of Bollywood.
- Amir Khan: The perfectionist of B-town, Amir Khan charged Rs 45 crores recently for his role in Dhoom 3.
- Akshay Kumar: The action man Akshay Kumar is known to charge an amount of Rs 40 - 45 crores for his films.
- Kareena Kapoor: The girl from the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood who kickstarted her career from Refugee, now tops the female list and charges Rs 10 to 15 crores for her roles.
- Katrina Kaif: The glam doll Katrina Kaif Rs 10 to 12 crores per film.
Highest paid actors in Hollywood:
- Angelina Jolie: The Oscar winning actress tops the female list of Hollywood actors with an income of USD 33 million.
- Robert Downey Jr.: With an earning of USD 75 million, Robert is the highest paid male actor of Hollywood.
- Jennifer Lawrence: Jennifer stands second to Angelina Jolie with USD 26 million.
- Channing Tatum: Earning USD 60 million, Channing Tatum, best known for his films like Step Up, The Vow, Dear John, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, besides others, is also included in the list.
- Hugh Jackman: Winning international recognition for roles notably as superhero, period and romance characters, Hugh charges USD 55 million for his roles.
If you are ready to go on a fantasy ride, here's a list of acting institutes which will act as an aid to your ambitions:
National School of Drama (NSD)
National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House 1, Bhagwandas Road
New Delhi - 110 001
Film and Television Institute of India
Law College Road, Pune - 411 004,
Annapurna International School of Film and Media
Inside Annapurna Studios, Rd 2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 34, India
Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute
E.M. Byepass Road, P.O. Panchasayar, Kolkata-700094
Whistling Woods International
Film City Complex, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400065.
Landmark: Behind Adlabs.