National Standard Examination in Physics(NSEP)
NSEP is a very prestigious exam conducted for students of class 11 and class-12 by IAPT or Indian Association of Physics Teachers and HBCSE or Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. Successful students are given scholarships and are also invited for a training camp for International Physics Olympiad.
• Syllabus and subjects: The subject or exam content is focussed on Physics and is more CBSE aligned. However, given the nature of exam, students of other boards can also appear without many issues
• Medium of examination: English
• Conducting body: Jointly conducted by IAPT or Indian Association of Physics Teachers and HBCSE or Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
• How to apply: Forms are available in schools and must be filled in the prescribed format and submitted back through schools. You can also download the form from the website
• Exam date: Usually, last week of November every year.
• Eligibility: All Indian students of Class-11 or Class-12
• Website: IAPT and HBCSE