National Standard Examination in Chemistry (NSEC)
NSEC is a very prestigious exam conducted for students of class 11 and class-12 by IAPT or Indian Association of Physics Teachers, Association of Chemistry Teachers and HBCSE or Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. This is first of the five stage examination in Chemistry, culminating in participation in International Chemistry Olympiad or IChO.
• Syllabus and subjects: The subject or exam content is focussed on Chemistry and is more CBSE aligned. However, given the nature of exam, students of other boards can also appear without many issues
• Medium of examination: English
• Conducting body: Jointly conducted by IAPT or Indian Association of Physics Teachers and HBCSE or Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
• How to apply: Forms are available in schools and must be filled in the prescribed format and submitted back through schools. You can also download the form from the website
• Exam date: Usually, last week of November every year.
• Eligibility: All Indian students of Class-11 or Class-12
• Website: IAPT and HBCSE