31,980 candidates qualify for JEE Advanced extended merit list: IIT Kanpur
June 14, 2018
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has now announced an extended merit list for JEE Advanced 2018 following the directions of HRD Ministry to issue a supplementary merit list for the exam. About 31,980 candidates have been qualified in JEE Advanced 2018.
Earlier in the day, IIT Kanpur, the organizing institute for JEE Advanced this year, was asked by HRD Ministry to release a merit list with the number of candidates, which is twice the number of total seats on offer in each discipline and each category (general and reserved categories).
he direction was given in order to not compromise with the government's policy and that all reserved category seats are filled.
According to a Joint Admission Board (JAB) release, candidates who have appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2, can visit the official website at www.jeeadv.ac.in to check if they have qualified or not.
Here's how to check the extended merit list of JEE Advanced 2018:
- Log on to the official website of the board, www.jeeadv.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the link which says, ' Extended List of JEE (Advanced) 2018 Qualified Candidates Released'
- You will be redirected to a new webpage
- Fill the details including registration numbers and other details
- Check your result
JEE Advanced Results 2018:
- The JEE Advanced results 2018 were announced on June 10, 2018, on the official website at jeeadv.nic.in
- For the first time, JEE Advanced was held completely in the online mode
- Over 1,60,000 students appeared for the JEE Advanced exam this year.